1 minute of silence for everyone that can’t attend San Diego Comic Con 2013.
another minute of silence for everyone that can’t attend San Diego Comic Con 2014
i feel like every video game has “that annoying underwater level”
"what’s the best thing that happened to you today?" "i have shoes that look like everlasting gobstoppers" (x)
A.N./ Instead of answering you in a message I decided just to post this here. I mean, everyone loves a good fic recommendation post so I’m sure this’ll help a bunch of people. Enjoy!
- Commentarius - Lily has always considered herself ordinary. But as she enters her 7th year, things start changing and Lily starts going a bit mad. Suddenly, she’s Head Girl, her mates are acting strangely, and there’s a new James Potter she can’t seem to get rid of. PRE-HBP
- Priori Incantatem - Can James Potter, Marauder and troublemaker extraordinaire, ever convince Lily Evans, Prefect and good girl, that they were meant to be? Now complete!
- Flower and Prongs -Lily Evans has become the new Hogwarts Head Girl, but her partner in action, the Head Boy, is her long hated enemy, James Potter. (Part I)
- Green and Hazel - Lily and James have graduated Hogwarts, and continue on with the adventures their lives holds in store for them, in the anticipated sequel to Flower and Prongs. (Part II)
- Red and Raven - The final and well anticipated third book to Flower and Prongs, and Green and Hazel. (Part III)
- All Right, Evans? - Part I of in-progress trilogy [6th year]: The thing about being Lily Evans and James Potter was that you couldn’t do anything without everybody else saying something about it. (Part I)
- Dangerous Crowds - All Right, Evans?, Part II [7th year]: “As in all wars, life goes on.” -HP/HBP (Part II)
- Obsessive Lily Disorder - James worships the ground Lily, er, throws him on? Includes stalking, Polyjuice potion and James attempting many acts of suicide such as drowning his head in toilet bowls because Apple Of His Eye Evans hates his guts. Or does she? Complete. (Part I)
- You give me heart palpitations - In the words of Slughorn: You will not underestimate the power of obsessive love. James and Lily start their relationship in 7th year, but what happens when Lily starts receiving love letters from the Half Blood Prince? ‘Obsessive Lily Disorder’ sequel. (Part II)
- Boyfriend - Potter was going to say that he wasn’t my boyfriend. I couldn’t let him do that. For the love of Merlin, I could not let him do that. I had to stop him. He couldn’t tell her the truth. So I did the only conceivable thing I could think of. I kissed him. (Part I)
- Fiancee - "I dropped my fork. Did he really just say that? Smehkaleen." The much awaited sequel to Molly Raesly’s "Boyfriend." (Part II)
- Pregnant - The final chapter of Molly Raesly’s “Boyfriend” series. (Part III)
- Hogwarts Next Top Model - AU MWPP era. In January of their 6th year, the Marauders come up with their best boredom buster to date - a recreation of the show America’s Next Top Model, along with a lovely prize. Drama and hilarity in equal parts promptly ensue. R&R?
- Summer Magic - You mean to say that Potter’s family is coincidentally staying across the street from our beach house for the summer, Mum and Mrs. Potter are now randomly best friends, and they expect me to hang out with that git for two months? You’ve got to be joking.
- Girl Got Game - FIN. Lily was not prepared to go to Hogwarts to live a life of gender bending and cross dressing just in order to be able to play a serious game of Quidditch. But that cute chaser James Potter just might make up for all of it…if he weren’t such a jerk.
- James and the Babysitter - When Lily has to baby-sit for the Potters she never expects to fall for their eldest son. But for just how long can she resist the charming James Potter?
- Hand in Hand - Enemies James Potter and Lily Evans’ hands are stuck together by James’ fellow Marauders…mainly Sirius’s idea. Read the story of how they discover love is the heart of acceptance and hate is the heart of denial. Includes nifflers and Marauder fun.
- Bring It On - Nobody EVER pranks the Marauders, Evans,” snarled James, looking so furious that even Lily felt scared for a moment, “I’ll forgive you if you grovel. Now. If not…This-Means-War!” Lily simply looked at him coolly and said, very coldly,”Bring it on.”
- The Infamous Hogwarts Prankwar of 1977 - It’s utter insanity for 7th year students. On top of homework and Quidditch, a new humorous terror plagues the school: the growing feud between the well known Marauders and the unknown Marauderesses. Who will win the prankwar?And who are the Marauderesses
- The Beautiful Game - [Finished] Ah, the world of Hogwarts Quidditch, the game is exciting, the players are worshiped, the commentating is explicit and James wants Lily on his team. Things could get rioty. LJ 7th year.
- The Curtain Call - James and Lily spend their summers together producing plays, though neither are happy about the presence of the other. With James, as the set designer, and Lily, as the actress, tensions run high.
- Hogwarts in the Sky - Lily the fiery new student at Hogwarts, highschool for superheroes, uncaring to the schools hero hiarchy, shocks, angers and captures the attention of many including the arrogant but too sexy James.
- Haggis from Algernon - The fic about nothing. Complete.
- Above and Beyond - What happens when Lily and James die and go to heaven? How do they feel about being in heaven while Harry is on earth, fighting Voldemort alone? This is the story of their afterlife, and the people who arrive over time.
- Lead on to Fortune - Neither Prince James nor barmaid Lily had any interest in running the Kingdom of Gryffindor. This is the story of how they changed their minds.
- The White Album - James poses as an advice charm in Lily’s diary. He’s really got to start thinking through his shenanigans.
- Little Lady - To attend the prestigious all boys Hogwarts school of magic,Lily Evans disguises herself as a boy.Things get interesting when the Marauders take her under their wing,however Potter realizes there is more to their new friend than meets the eye. LJ no slash
- Courtesy Of Sirius…Or Was It Remus? - Sirius…Or Remus…Decide to lock Lily and James in a room in an attempt to finally bring them together. But, of course, the plan goes wrong and Lily, along with all of the marauders, all end up trapped. And then chaos ensues.
- Deflating - She started going out with him in seventh year. Once James had deflated his head a bit.” James is desperate, but can he really change everything he is for a girl? Well… he can try. ::It’s done! And it’s won awards!::
- Pursuing Lily Evans - The Marauders chose to video tape their days at Hogwarts, their pranks, and James’ desperate attempts at winning Lily’s heart. What happens when Harry stumbles upon these old videos? COMPLETE
- Say When - AU. A version of how Lily Evans and James Potter would have met if they were only two university students in a world where magic and Hogwarts didn’t exist.
A.N./ I really, really hope this is what you were looking for. I wasn’t exactly sure so I included a few compliant to canon, a few AUs and a few other ones. I don’t believe the war is the main focus in any of the stories but I know it’s at least mentioned in a bunch of them. Well, I hope you enjoy this! :)
I just remembered this song and WOW the angst
Draws in a deep breath:
And while it’s not so much AU Jily as it is “the entire HP universe AU”, Robin4’s Promises trilogy, starting with Promises Unbroken, is genuinely one of the the best AU’s I’ve ever read. It’s based on the idea of Sirius being the secret keeper, and so the Potter’s survive but Voldemort isn’t brought down because he never attacked Harry. So ten years later, Harry starts Hogwarts as the war is ongoing. It has loads of marauders era characters and has all the main HP characters too. It’s also very long, so be prepared to lose a big chunk of your life to it.
I’m sure there are more, but those are the ones I’ve read more than once.
I don’t read Blackinnon fic, but I have some Jily recs! I don’t know if you wanted AUs where they survive and raise Harry or just canon based ones which show them as a family before they die so this is a mix of both. Basically just fic/drabbles about the Potters:
- The Family Album, Sandcastles, Playing with the cat while in hiding prompt by bigquidditchhero
- Silver Sheets, Silver Linings by apalapucian
- Fifty Things Baby Harry Definitely got to Experience by snapslikethis (technically not a fic, but kalhlkhsfkh)
- Finger Paint Masterpiece by realslytherinchick
- Harry gets some love advice by thejilyship
- James and Lily meet their first grandchild by jamesstruttingpotter
- String, Hogwarts AU where everyone lived and Lily and James became teachers by awitchfromwildmoor
- AU: Lily and James living to see Harry off on his day at Hogwarts by jamespotterthefirst
- Drabble about James and Harry by arrogantbullyingtoerag
- Lullaby and Goodnight by suzies-q
Bonus: Check out this tag for more headcanons etc about the Potters
Thank you! :) It’s difficult to narrow it down because there are so many that I absolutely love, but here is a selection of some of them (all humour/fluff):
- Haggis from Algernon by rudegus (multi-chap)
- Bloody Shangri-la (multi-chap), Staring Contests, The Juggernaut Factor by fabiansgoldwatch
- Question Time, Sheep Riding and Freefalling, Hair by fetchalgernon
- Regular Coffee by headgirlily
- Emphasis, Lily and James as fruits and vegetables, AU where everyone is a cat, If Snape Were a Marauder, Windswept, by october31st1981. Also check out her Masterlist because everything she writes is golden. It’s organised by genre so you can avoid the dark stuff.
- The Early Morning Toast Brigade, After Hours by ghostofbambi
- Laugh to Fall Apart by realslytherinchick
- The Progression, Hands, Lace by comealongraggedypond
- The Story of a Lady and a Gentleman, Learning Experience, In Fact by jamespotterstolemyknickers
- Lily is a Bee, Lily is Drunk, Amortentia drabble by apalapucian
- Lily fancies James first by ofthemaraudersera
- Two Strokes of Midnight, Equillibrium, Modern Day AU, Muggle AU by bigquidditchhero
- Fortune Cookies by gingerprongs
- Nice by bobandsmallbob
- Lily’s cousin is the number one jily shipper, AU where James and Lily live and go to see Harry play Quidditch by scared of clouds
- A List is Just a List, The Power of Prongs by snapslikethis
- Heatwave by pahatarrr
- College AU, by benjyfenwick
- Beautiful Stranger by toliveandbreathewords
- In which Petunia’s a Witch and Lily’s not by suzies-q
- Polyjuiced by ladyknightley
- The Marauders visit Lily at Work, Self-Inflicted Laryngitis by bcdaily
What a beautiful song.
okay so if harry potter was born in 1980, and went to hogwarts in like 91, that means he was in his sixth year in 1996
do you think he knew about the spice girls? i mean.. i know he had shit going on with horcruxes that year but wannabe isn’t something that happens without you taking note of it